Cosmetic acupuncture is much more than a simple cosmetic treatment. It is a relaxing and painless therapy that can help the whole body look and feel younger. These rejuvenating beauty treatments were highly sought after by members of the imperial royal court and the wealthy elite of ancient China and are still being successfully used today.
Acupuncture works to improve the body’s energy flow which nourishes and invigorates the body from within. It encourages improvement of the transport of oxygen and nutrients to the skin and increases collagen production, thus reducing inflammation and enhancing skin tone while decreasing fine lines and wrinkles.
In Chinese Medicine it is said that “the interior will be reflected on the exterior” so the state of the body’s organ health is often viewed on the skin and face. The face can be positively affected with direct treatment while simultaneously supporting the underlying factors that may be contributing to the aging process in the first place. The body as a whole must be addressed to ensure the best possible results for any cosmetic improvements to be seen on the face. This is why points on the body are also targeted for treatment when treating the face.
Some commonly seen benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture include:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of puffiness under the eyes and around the face
- Reduction of sagging jowls and eyelids
- Reduction of dark circles
- Improved facial muscle tone and elasticity
- Improved circulation to the face resulting in improved facial color and vibrancy
- Reduction in age spots and redness
- Reduction of stress in the face and body
- Improvement of overall health and energy